Sunday, May 22, 2011

Workshop cards, Card Patterns Sketch 116 and SUO Challenge 20

Here are the cards for my next workshop...

A Father's Day card...


I used Soft Suede for the base and Crumb Cake, torn and run through the crimper, for the bottom. Some Red Riding Hood Striped Grosgrain, cut in half and frayed a bit, hemp twine for the laundry line, and the Best Dad Ever stamp set, from the new Summer Mini catalogue. The ties were done with Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke and Crushed Curry markers, and I used glue dots on the bottoms, to keep them from getting "out of line" :)

The other card we'll be doing is this fun birthday card. Well, actually it could be used for any cupcake worthy celebration ;) I used the Card Patterns Sketch 116 for this one, and had so much fun with it!

Here's the sketch:


And here's the card:


Pulling all my colors from the Celebrations DSP, I used Pear Pizazz for the base, Pacific Point, embossed with Perfect Polka Dots for my second layer. The large Scallop Circles #2 done on the DSP and sliced in half, and on Whisper White for the center created the last layers. On the center, I stamped a background from Extreme Elements in Pear Pizzaz, and the sentiment from the old hostess set, Sweet Little Sentiments, in Real Red. The cupcake was punched from more Celebrations DSP, and I used Crystal Effects on the cherry again... I love doing that :) Some scrunched Pear Pizzaz seam binding ribbon, wrapped around the intersection of the bottom two scallops tied it all together.

5 comments:

  1. Such fun cards...really love your cupcake card....that sentiment is one of my favs! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the ties on the 'clothesline' and your color choices were perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute cards! Love the tie line. Thanks for playing SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete