Thursday, June 2, 2011

Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #71 and Hand Stamped Sentiments Technique challenge #69

This card was time consuming, but SO worth it! First I figured out the measurements for my patchwork pieces, and then stuck them to Whisper White CS. I sanded the edges of the whole new piece, and then used the widest metal file from the SU distressing kit, to rough up the joins between the patches and add some "worn" spots in the seams. I used my mat pack to pierce along all the seams, and then stitched the whole card up and stuck it onto my Crumb Cake base. I don't have any Anniversary sentiments yet, so I used this sweet little one from the Sweet Little Sentiments in Chocolate Chip, and the scallop heart from Framed with Love, and punched it with the Whole Heart punch. A coordinating bow finished it off.


Here's the sketch that inspired me...

6 comments:

  1. Love the stitching!! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can see why it was so time consuming...it is Gorgeous! The stitching makes the card. Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt card. Can't believe you did all that stitching. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the card looks like a quilt. The stitching is fab. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all that hand stitching. A lovely patchwork of colours! Thanks for playing at Inkspirations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I can see how that would be really time consuming to hand stitch the pieces together. The result is completly worth it, though. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)

    ReplyDelete