Friday, June 24, 2011

Another notebook and CPS223 challenge

I was originally going to practice my new idea on this small softcover notebook, before doing the one for Wyatt's teacher, but I was so inspired by the big one, I skipped the practice ;) So, here's what I did with this one today. I'm going to keep this one for myself, and use it to keep track of ideas I have, techniques I want to try, and other creative notes.


I used this sketch...
and I think this is a pretty simple, self-explanatory design...

I had to keep it flat and functional, of course, but I did throw in some brads, some heat embossing on the deer, with pastels in the embossing powder for texture and shading, and some random ribbons on the coil. Other than that, it's basically all Playdate DSP and sticker, with Funky Forest stamps and roller. Too bad I had already covered the original cover in Whisper White, with a completely different idea in mind, because Very Vanilla is what I used for the bases on the layout... oh well!

1 comment:

  1. eeks!! I love it! Totally cuuute! Thanks for joining us at CPS :)

    ReplyDelete