Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sk8er Boi

No, this card doesn't have anything to do with Avril Lavigne, but that song title is just perfect for this card for a 9 year old boy. Now that I think about it though, maybe I should make and send her and Chad Kroeger a congratulations card, so if I ever run into her at our local grocery store near his Abbotsford home, I'll have a conversation starter ready ;) Anyway, enough about that...

Is it just me, or does it get harder and harder to make boy cards, once they pass the years of dinosaurs, trains and other classic little boy toys? Lately I've been feeling like all the cards I make for boys 7+ are either boring and plain, or the same as all the other ones... but I managed to break my boredom mold with this one, and was quite happy with it, and my nephew seemed to like it too!

I used the Color Throwdown challenge and Mojo Monday sketch for this one, some grungy looking embossing, and the denim ribbon, to "boy it up" a bit extra ;)


Here are the challenges:






1 comment:

  1. Fabulous boy card! Love the mix of patterns and textures here. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete