Thursday, November 8, 2012

Vellum in Flight

This Papillon Potpourri butterfly set and coordinating punch are one of my favorite sets ever, and even though I should have made another Christmas card for club, I could NOT wait till January to play with these! I thought the detailed butterfly would look beautiful on vellum, but when I tried it out, it just didn't quite pop enough. So I gave it a try on Whisper White, and it popped all right, but it didn't have any softness. But then I decided to see what the vellum image on top of the cardstock image might look like... AMAZING!!! Bright, and clear, but with a softness and a very realistic 3D look to it. I will definitely be trying this again! I also used a hostess set (which I realized too late was not current), with a  circus bear on the tag. I just inked the border and sentiment with a marker, leaving the left space empty for a nice seam-binding bow. I used Sunny Challenges & Creations sketch for this and Anything Goes again.


The sketch:


3 comments:

  1. Hi Anjii, thanks for joining us at Sunny Challenges and Creations. I love what you've done with the sketch and that butterfly is one of my favourites too. Kind Regards, Vicki aka cardarTart - guest designer for Sunny Challenges & Creations Nov 12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Anjii. I love the look of the vellum butterflies & that bow just finishes your card off perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sunny Challenges & Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Papillon Butterfly along with your dry embossed background. Beautiful bright card. Thanks for joining us at Sunny Challenges & Creations.

    ReplyDelete